On a recent vacation, I was struck by three things.
1. Traveling with the apps for every airline and hotel and Customs and Border Patrol did not eliminate, but significantly reduced, travel unpleasantness.
2. Nearly every airport, airplane, train, and hotel room had built-in USB ports for charging. That’s both great and slightly tragic, because after a quarter-century as a standard, they’re slowly being supplanted by the newer, faster, more versatile USB C.
2. Even tech-savvy people on my trip were confused about charging cables and ports and so forth, so if you are too, this should help!
- If you use Chrome, update it NOW to avoid a nasty bug. (Here’s how).
- The new Macbook Air with the M2 Chip is finally available to order.
- Amazon Prime Day is July 12 and 13th, but there are also early deals available.
- AT&T has updated the security app for their phones. Since so many scams now begin with a call or a text, please protect yourself (free version is fine for most people).
- Google is updating the design of the Gmail website. Here’s what you might need to know.
- Roku users can now stream some local news channels.